Schwabe is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in seven key industry sectors: Technology; Healthcare and Life Sciences; Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail; Natural Resources; Real Estate and Construction; Ports and Maritime; and Indian Country and Alaska Native Corporations. We have offices in four states, in the cities of Portland, Bend, Salem, Seattle, Vancouver, Anchorage, and Mountain View. Schwabe has a culture based on collaboration, innovation, and a drive to help our clients achieve success.
Schwabe currently has an opening for a full-time, licensed Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical Patent Associate in our Intellectual Property department. This position will be based out of Mountain View, CA, Portland, OR, Bend, OR, or Seattle, WA. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 to 4 years of experience in biotech/pharma patent prosecution
- Advanced degree in biology, biochemistry, immunology or other life sciences
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent academic credentials and professional references
- Demonstrated ownership of projects and willingness to work in a team-oriented setting, but with significant independence
- Strong client service ethics
- USPTO registration required
- CA, OR or WA bar required (for Mountain View, Portland, Bend, or Seattle)
- The pay range for this position is $150,000 - $180,000, depending on job skills and experience. The position is also eligible for discretionary merit bonus and consideration at the end of each calendar year. A listing of benefits can be found here: https://www.schwabe.com/benefits-and-firm-paid-expenses.
Candidates should submit PDFs of their cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, and a writing sample directed to Michelle Baird-Johnson, Schwabe’s Director of Talent Acquisition & Integration. Inquiries are maintained in confidence.
Schwabe is committed to cultivating and celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion because it makes our firm better. People from historically underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.