Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in seven key industry sectors: Technology; Healthcare; Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail; Natural Resources; Real Estate and Construction; Transportation, Ports and Maritime; and Indian Country and Alaska Native Corporations. We have offices in Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Vancouver, Bend, Salem, and Mountain View, California. Schwabe has a firm culture based on camaraderie, innovation, and a drive to help our clients achieve success.
Schwabe currently has an opening in the Portland, OR or Vancouver, WA office for a full-time associate to help support the firm’s employment law practice. The ideal candidate will have:
- At least one year of employment law experience, and understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Superior research, analytical and legal writing skills, as demonstrated in an employment law-related writing sample
- Preferably, experience with or supporting litigation and/or administrative proceedings
- Strong work ethic and client service acumen
- Excellent academic credentials and professional references, as well as solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Interest in one or more of Schwabe’s industry groups
- Experience or interest in labor law
- Oregon State Bar license (required)
- Washington State Bar license (or willingness to obtain one, including if/once eligible for reciprocity)
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and benefits. Candidates should submit a PDF of their cover letter, resume, law school transcripts, and a writing sample and direct to Michelle Baird-Johnson, Director of Talent Acquisition & Integration. Inquiries are maintained in confidence.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.