Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in six primary industry groups including Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Real Estate and Construction, and Transportation, Ports and Maritime, with offices in Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Mountain View, California.
Schwabe currently has an immediate need in its Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington office for a full-time environmental and natural resources associate to work in a thriving, diverse practice. The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years of related experience with knowledge of environmental and natural resources, laws
- Knowledge and experience with state (Oregon and/or Washington) and federal laws related to removal/fill, water quality, air quality, hazardous wastes, pesticides, and tribal lands
- Knowledge and experience with CERCLA, ESA, CWA, and NEPA
- Knowledge of Oregon and/or Washington state environmental and natural resources laws
- Willingness to travel to and work from the firm’s different offices on occasion, most notably: Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington
- A track record demonstrating exemplary client service, organizational skills, and teamwork
- Excellent skills in legal research, analysis and writing and in communication
- Oregon State Bar and Washington State Bar admissions or eligibility to waive-in
Schwabe, Williamson &Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment with a competitive salary and benefits. Qualified candidates should submit a PDF of their cover letter and resume to Michelle Baird-Johnson, Director of Talent Acquisition and Integration, via this website. Inquiries are maintained in the strictest of professional confidence.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.