Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is a premier Northwest regional law firm serving the needs of businesses in six primary industry groups including Technology, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Natural Resources, Real Estate and Construction, and Transportation, Ports and Maritime, with offices in Portland, Seattle, Anchorage, Vancouver, Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Mountain View, California.
Schwabe has an opening in its Portland, Oregon office for a full time Intellectual Property Litigation Attorney in the Intellectual Property practice group. The ideal candidate will have:
- 3-10 years of IP litigation experience with a focus on patent litigation
- Experience in patent litigation-related research and motion drafting, including claim construction and dispositive motion practice
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated aptitude in managing independent projects within a team environment in a fast-paced litigation practice
- Experience taking depositions and managing fact and expert discovery
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong client service skills and ethics
- Demonstrated ownership of projects and willingness to work hard in a team-oriented setting, but with significant independence
- USPTO admission and a technical background are a plus but are not required; however, the applicant needs to be able to understand and explain complex technologies
- JD degree from an accredited law school
Schwabe provides a team-oriented working environment with competitive salary and benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
Candidates should direct their cover letter, resume, law school and undergraduate transcripts, and a writing sample to Michelle Baird-Johnson, Director of Talent Acquisition & Integration, via this website. Inquiries are maintained in the strictest of professional confidence.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.